Dovetailing nicely with the post I published yesterday, the brilliant John Green, in American Thinker this morning, published his own piece regarding how the conflict with the America-hating left will be won or lost solely on patriots’ willingness to give up or stand strong. Titled “They Can’t Win If We Won’t Surrender“, it succinctly lays out how the war in this country is currently being fought, and how vital it is that America-loving patriots remain firm in their resolve–especially in our own heads–to defeat the menace that presently threatens all we hold dear. Like everything else Mr. Green writes, it is required reading for anyone calling himself a patriot, particularly those of the traditional American mindset.
I said precisely the same thing, albeit far less eloquently and with much greater bombast, in “Time to Reclaim the Patriot Mantle“.
I won’t rehash the entire piece because you truly need to read all of it and take it’s wisdom to heart, but here are a few of the more powerful bits that resonated with me (highlights are for the most part mine):
- The objective of war is not to kill people and break things, but to break the enemy’s will to resist. That is precisely what the Left has been doing to us — attempting to break our will.
- War is only ended by the loser, not the winner. That’s why the pessimist faction of conservatism bothers me the most. They’re ready to concede, and they’re playing into the Left’s hands.
- Corporate media functions as the Left’s propaganda ministry to hide the subversiveness of the Left’s efforts and promote their narrative. Peaceful protests are now insurgencies, while riots are “mostly peaceful.”
- Propaganda only works as long as it’s credible, and theirs no longer is.
- The Left is at its weakest position of the past 15 years.
- The Left doesn’t want us to realize that our strategic position is stronger than theirs. The vast majority of Americans value our founding principles. The Left is scared because patriotic Americans are waking up. They’re starting to realize that they’ve been played, and they’re getting very angry.
- The pandemic has shown us how important and fragile liberty is. I’ll never take it for granted again. I suspect a great number of patriots feel the same way.
- Now that we’re awake, we have the advantage for one simple reason: We are Americans and liberty is in our blood.
- Our republic is not lost for one simple reason. They can’t win if we won’t surrender. Thankfully, the majority of Americans are angry and in no mood for surrender.
We’ve ceded enough ground to the bullies, and that’s exactly and all that they are. They are throwing their weight around because we’re not punching back. We’re on the ropes because we’re allowing ourselves to be pushed there without a fight. But as with every bully who ever lived, these are weak and terrified little people who will fold like seven deuce offsuit at the smallest raise of the stakes. It’s time we push a few more chips into the pile.
Continuing with the poker analogy, the fact is we don’t even have to go “all in” just yet. We merely have to make it clear that we’re in for the long haul, and double-dog-dare them to try to hang. Remember in doing so that you’re dealing with the participation-trophy crowd that believes they’ve somehow “won” something and mistakenly walk around feeling entitled to the spoils of the victory. They act like Babe Ruth but they’ve never hit a homer; in fact, most of them never even bothered to swing the bat.
I have. Have you?
It’s not time to gather up the gear and pack it in; this is the time when we raise our fists and voices and declare that the game hasn’t even started yet. They’ll know the game is really underway when they hear us belting out the National Anthem.
Then we pick up the Louisville Sluggers and get to work.
I gotta tell ya–they better tie those cleats on extra fucking tight, because I’m bringing my “A” game. You?